Spanish-Style Pan-Roasted Clams
by Chef Andy Husbands
Skip the expected steaming method and instead cook your clams in the oven with this recipe from Andy Husbands. A one dish wonder, this goes from start to finish in under twenty minutes with a minimum of mess, making it the perfect weeknight supper.
- 2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 16 littleneck clams, washed well to remove all sand
- 4 shallots, minced
- 1 tablespoon garlic, minced
- 1/2 cup sherry
- 1/2 cup dry white wine
- 4 tablespoons butter
- kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste
- 1/4 cup flat-leaf Italian parsley leaves
- 1 lemon, cut into 8 wedges
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Heat the oil in a cast-iron pan or heavy sauté pan over medium-high heat. Add the clams and swirl in the pan for 1 minute. Add the shallots and garlic, and cook for 1 minute.
- Carefully pour in the sherry so the fumes don’t ignite. Cook for 30 seconds, then add the wine and butter. Place the pan in the preheated oven.
- Cook the clams in the oven for 6 to 8 minutes, until all the clams have opened. Remove from the oven, season with salt and pepper, and garnish with parsley and lemons. Serve hot, right in the skillet.