With her brand new cookbook, Crave: Bold Recipes That Make You Want Seconds, hitting the shelves this week, Karen Akunowicz (of Fox & the Knife and Bar Volpe fame) shares her Mint Chimichurri recipe. Combining fresh herbs, acid and great olive oil, it’s a delightful accompaniment to your end-of-summer grilled meats (and a great way to use up all the mint in your garden). Take this one for a whirl and pick up your copy of Crave to try the rest.
- 2 teaspoons garlic, chopped
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1 cup packed fresh mint leaves (preferably spearmint)
- 1 cup packed fresh Italian parsley leaves
- 2 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- 1/4 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- 6 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- Finely chop the garlic and place in a mixing bowl then add the kosher salt. Very finely chop the mint and parsley leaves or pulse in a food processor until finely chopped. Add the herbs to the garlic and salt in the bowl.
- Add the vinegar and red pepper flakes and stir until the salt has dissolved. Stir in the olive oil and mix to incorporate thoroughly. Note: The sauce will keep for several days in the refrigerator.