- 2 pounds pork shoulder or mix of shoulder and belly
- 1/2 cups beef stock
- 1 red pepper
- 1 white onion
- 4 plum tomatoes
- 1 garlic clove
- 1/4 fresh habanero
- 1/4 cup lime juice
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin, toasted
- 1/4 cinnamon stick
For the garnish
- 1 avocado, sliced
- 1 tomato, sliced
- parsley, chopped
- Char red pepper, onion, and tomatoes over a grill or open flame.
- Purée charred vegetables in a blender with habanero, garlic, and lime juice. Then add cumin and cinnamon.
- Season pork with salt (no pepper-the fresh habanero will be enough) and soak it in marinade overnight.
- Put beef stock, pork, and marinade in a roasting pan and tent tightly with foil.
- Cook at 220 degrees for two to three hours. (Check to ensure the pork is not burning. If it seems dry, flip it over). Roast until a fork easily breaks the pork apart.
- Wait until the meat is cool to the touch, then pick it into thumb-size pieces
- Serve pork atop steamed rice with avocado and tomato slices. Garnish with parsley.