- 1/2 pound 30-40 count scallops, chopped
- 1/2 pound 21-30 shrimp, chopped
- 1/2 pound Manila clams, shelled
- 1/2 pound calamari, cut into small rings
- 1/2 pound crawfish meat
- 1 1/2 cups of lime juice, strained
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 tomatoes, peeled, seeded, and chopped
- 1-2 serrano chilies, seeded and minced
- 1/4 cup of olive oil
- 1/2 teaspoon oregano
- 1/4 teaspoon harissa paste
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- black pepper to taste
- 1 avocado, diced
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 1-2 tablespoons cilantro, chopped
- Mix all the seafood with fresh lime juice and garlic. Cover and refrigerate for at least 5 hours or until the meat has lost its transparency and becomes opaque. Stir several times.
- Drain well, and add the seasonings, tomatoes, and olive oil. Stir well and refrigerate for at least another hour.
- Remove from the refrigerator and allow enough time for the ceviche to become cool, so that the olive oil is not coagulated.
- Add avocado, harissa, onion, and cilantro to the ceviche.
- Serve in a shot glass as a first course.