The heat might not be on for the Patriots this Super Bowl but that doesn’t mean you can’t spice things up on your own. This cheese spread from chef Eric Bogardus adds jalapenos and Sriracha to sweet pimento peppers for a creamy topping that packs a field goal-worthy kick. The recipe yields 2 quarts—more than enough game day dip for famished football fans.
- 20 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 1 1/2 cups mayonnaise
- 2 tablespoons garlic powder
- 2 tablespoons onion powder
- 2 teaspoons celery seed
- 2 cups pickled jalapeños, chopped
- 2 cups pimento peppers, chopped
- 10 cups cheddar, shredded
- 4 tablespoons Sriracha
- In a bowl, stir the cream cheese and mayo with the garlic powder, onion powder and celery seed.
- Add in the jalapeños, pimentos and cheese and mix to evenly distribute.
- Stir in the Sriracha. Add more hot sauce or mayo to adjust the level of heat.
- Refrigerate the spread to chill before serving.