Chef Josh Ziskin’s sophisticated take on meatloaf uses lamb as an alternative to ground beef and incorporates the fresh flavors of mint, parsley and ginger to bring out the lamb flavor and add some bright elements to this hearty, wintertime go-to. Add this simple dish to your Sunday dinner line-up and it’ll be a family-wide favorite in no time.
- 1 white onion, chopped
- 2 cloves of garlic, diced
- 1 tablespoon fresh ginger, grated
- 1/2 tablespoon paprika
- 1/2 tablespoon cumin
- 1/4 cup mint, chopped
- 1/4 cup parsley, chopped
- 8 eggs
- 2 cups panko breadcrumbs
- 2 1/2 pounds of ground lamb
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Sauté onions, garlic and ginger in a large pot until soft. Cool.
- Add paprika, cumin, mint, parsley, eggs, panko breadcrumbs and ground lamb into the pot. Mix.
- Divide the mixture among two standard loaf pans (about 9 X 5 inches).
- Bake at 375 degrees for one hour. Cool completely.
- Cut into thick slices and grill until hot throughout.