The Nautilus Pier 4, in Boston’s Seaport, is looking for a dedicated and passionate General Manager to join our team. Compensation is highly competitive, salary based, and includes paid time off, a bonus structure, health benefits, access to dental and vision benefits, dining discounts, and the potential for future equity. This is a full time position.
Successful candidates will have a love for hospitality, at least several years experience in leadership roles in the restaurant industry and thrive in an energetic and team oriented atmosphere. They will enjoy building relationships with their team, guests and neighborhood. They will be enthusiastic about restaurant culture and continued education for employees. The General Manager will execute, delegate, or oversee all functions of a typical restaurant and must have excellent communication skills and set clear goals. If you’re fun, hardworking, professional, and want to be a part of an owner-operated growing restaurant group with top notch food, drinks, service & atmosphere – we want to meet you!
Roles & Responsibilities:
The below should serve as a general guideline only
- Full time, year round work incl, on-floor management shifts & office related tasks
- Be one of the main faces of the business and handle all guests relations
- Manage all staffing, HR, & payroll duties
- Communicate clearly and effectively with partners, staff, guests, and vendors
- Ensure all aspects of service are ready to go daily and oversee all opening and closing duties
- Manage a variety of office related items including invoices, vendor relations, receipt collection, daily cashouts, chargebacks, license renewals, gift cards, office purchasing, bookkeeper communication, cash tracking, margin reporting, etc
- General company organization including website management, updating hours/information/events across all websites and social media, G drive organization, POS maintenance, and general tidiness throughout
- Margin & cost management across the board, analyze sales & expense trends, pricing adjustments, promotions, etc
- Social media/marketing management & brand implementation w/ input from team
- Reservations & private party coordination along with partners and other managers
- Management experience and night and weekend availability is required.
Please email us at the email address below to apply.
For more information see our website.
The Nautilus Pier 4 (opened April 2021) is an owner-operated, high energy, busy, waterfront restaurant in Boston’s Seaport offering coastal leaning, Asian and Latin-inspired small plates and multi-person feasts, creative culinary inspired cocktails, an extensive beer and liquor collection, and an award-winning wine and sake list. We pride ourselves on being one of Boston’s top restaurants and in helping our staff learn, grow, and in elevating their knowledge of food, beverage, service, and hospitality. The Nautilus Pier 4 is a sister restaurant of Nantucket’s The Nautilus (where they are also hiring managers), which opened in 2014.