Moona in Inman Square is looking for a Food Runner to join their team and facilitate collaboration between the kitchen and wait staff. Food Runner responsibilities include setting tables, running food to tables, packaging take out orders, busing, and resetting tables. If you’d like to gain experience in the restaurant industry and learn how to provide an excellent dining experience, they’d like to meet you.
To be considered for this role, you should be available to work various shifts, including weekends. Ultimately, you will ensure that guests have a high-quality dining experience by serving their food in a timely and accurate manner.
Shifts will only be for dinner service 2-3 nights a week to start.
- Deliver food orders from the kitchen to tables rapidly and accurately
- Act as the contact point between Front of the House and Back of the House staff
- Communicate food orders to chefs, paying attention to priorities and special requests (e.g. food allergies)
- Assist the wait staff with table setting by fetching and placing appropriate tableware, eating utensils and napkins
- Serve welcome drinks and hors d’oeuvres, upon guests’ arrival
- Ensure food is served in accordance with safety standards (e.g. proper temperature)
- Check in with guests and take additional orders or refill water, as needed
- Bus tables
- Answer guests’ questions about ingredients and menu items
- Inform restaurant staff about guests’ feedback or requests (e.g. when they ask for the check)
- Experience as a Food Expeditor or similar entry-level role in a restaurant
- Understanding of hygiene and food safety rules
- Availability to work various shifts, including weekends
- Multi-tasking abilities
- Good oral communication skills
- Ability to remain calm and professional in a fast-paced work environment
- Degree in hospitality or restaurant management is a plus