- 2 1/2 cups flour
- 2 1/2 cups light brown sugar
- 1/4 pound butter
- 1/2 cup sliced almonds
- 1 cup rolled oats
- 5 cups red pears, sliced
- 2 cups cranberry juice
- 1 cup white sugar
- 2 cups dried cranberries
- 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 1/2 cup flour
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
- Combine the flour, sugar and butter in a bowl, and mix until thoroughly combined. Then, add the almonds and oatmeal, tossing gently so as not to break them up too much. Set aside.
- Cook the pears in the cranberry juice and sugar until soft, stirring occasionally.
- Add the lemon juice, dried cranberries and flour. Simmer on low heat for five minutes, stirring a couple of times. Allow the mixture to cool, preferably by pouring ingredients onto a sheet pan, before proceeding.
- Spoon the filling into a small casserole or large Pyrex baking dish. The mixture should reach the top of the dish. Then, cover the filling with the topping and bake in the preheated oven for approximately fifteen minutes.