A lovely and refreshing way to enjoy the last of the perfect summer produce, this yellow watermelon gazpacho from Brandon Arms is also a cinch to make. Feel free to adjust the level of spiciness in this cold soup by using more or less chili to suit your own tastes.
- 1 yellow tomato (approximately 10 ounces), roughly chopped
- 1/3 of an English cucumber (approximately 3 ounces), peeled and roughly chopped
- 12 ounces yellow watermelon, roughly chopped
- 1/3 of a Thai chili, roughly chopped
- 1/3 of a shallot, roughly chopped
- 1 small clove garlic, roughly chopped
- 2 1/2 tablespoons yuzu juice
- 1 tablespoon white soy
- 2 sprigs cilantro
- 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- salt to taste
- Add all the ingredients, except the oil, to a blender. Turn the blender on high and puree while drizzling in the olive oil to emulsify.