Break out of your burger and dog rut with Brian Poe’s spicy grilled tuna steaks. Poe’s signature spice blend is delicious here but would be equally tasty on all manner of meats you’d like to throw on the barbeque.
For the Poe Co Loco seasoning
- 2 tablespoons ground cumin
- 2 tablespoons dark chile powder
- 2 tablespoons paprika
- 2 tablespoons garlic powder
- 2 tablespoons dried oregano
- 2 tablespoons ground coriander
- 2 tablespoons white pepper
For the tuna
- 14 paper thin slices prosciutto
- 24 large basil leaves
- 6 tuna steaks (about 6 ounces per steak)
- Combine all the seasoning ingredients to create the spice mix. Set aside until ready to use.
- On a cutting board lay out six pieces of sliced prosciutto. Then crisscross the other six pieces of prosciutto on top of that forming six X’s. Place 2 leaves of basil in the center of each X.
- Next, completely cover the tuna steaks in the spice mix and place the tuna in the center of each prosciutto X. Wrap the prosciutto around the tuna and secure with a toothpick.
- On a hot grill, lightly brush the tuna with butter, salt and pepper. Quickly grill each side of the tuna and cook to your desired temperature.