There’s a long stretch of time between holiday bashes and summer BBQs, so what’s a good host to do? Plan awesome late winter and early spring parties to distract from the terrible weather. Serve this super easy appetizer from Chef Joe Cassinelli to make it even better — with just seven ingredients, the tomato bruschetta comes together in less than 10 minutes (giving you plenty of time to mingle). If you can’t find Vincotto, swap in a balsamic glaze instead.
- 4 thick pieces of grilled/toasted ciabatta
- 1 cup cherry tomatoes
- 2 tablespoons sliced red onion
- 1/2 cup creamy local goat cheese
- 3 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1 tablespoon fresh oregano
- 4 tablespoons Vincotto (you can purchase this online or at specialty food stores)
- Mix the goat cheese and olive oil together using a whisk.
- Marinate the cherry tomatoes with olive oil, salt and pepper. Roast in a 475 degree oven for 5 minutes. Let cool.
- Combine the roasted tomatoes, red onion, oregano. Season to taste with the olive oil and vincotto.
- Spread the goat cheese on the grilled ciabatta and top with the tomato mixture. Drizzle with some remaining olive oil and vincotto and serve!