Enjoy the first green beans of the season in this novel salsa. Though chef Philip Aviles created this as a sauce to be served with tortillas, you could also enjoy this south-of-the-border inspired spring dish as a salad.
- 2 red onions, diced
- 1 English cucumber, peeled, deseeded and diced
- 1/4 pound green beans, blanched
- 6 limes, juiced
- 1 bunch cilantro, finely chopped
- 2 Poblano peppers, diced
- 1/3 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 1/3 white vinegar
- salt and pepper to taste
- Place all ingredients into a large mixing bowl and mix the same way that you would mix a salad.
- Serve with corn tortillas.