- 1 pound rabbit meat
- 1/2 pound pork belly or lightly smoked bacon
- 3 ounces pineapple sage (or any sage) chiffonade
- 1 honey crisp apple, diced, skin on
- 1 teaspoon mace, ground or powdered
- 1/4 teaspoon cayenne powder
- 4 clove garlic, minced with salt to make a paste
- Using a meat grinder grind all ingredients though the small setting once.
- Divide in half, and grind one half. Add back to reserved half and season with salt and pepper.
- Fry a piece to taste.
- If you do not have a sausage stuffer, wrap the sausage in plastic wrap and tie the ends. Be sure to roll this tight with no air pockets in the meat.
- Then poach in water (starting in the water at a tepid temperature).
- Cook until the interior temperature of the sausage is 145 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Cool in the refrigerator.
- Then roast, grill, or pan fry the sausages and serve with whole grain mustard.