Summer’s fading fast but there’s still time for more lobster before fall arrives. In this recipe by chef Dante DeMagistris, a classic preparation gets an Italian twist – lobster salad garnished with pancetta, tomatoes and arugula – to create a fancy take on the beloved BLT. This recipe is about as easy as they come so you can make it plenty of times before the first leaves start to fall.
- One 1 1/4 pound lobster (roasted, steamed or boiled), picked, sliced into large chunks
- 2 tablespoons crème fraiche
- 1/2 lemon, juiced
- 1/2 teaspoon lemon zest
- 1 teaspoon extra virgin olive oil
- 2 tablespoons celery leaves, roughly chopped
- 1/4 cup arugula, roughly chopped
- 2 tablespoons fresh green onion, thinly sliced
- 1 tablespoon canned chipotle pepper, finely chopped
- Sea salt and pepper to taste
- Four 1/4 inch slices of rustic Italian bread
- 6 thin slices pancetta
- 6 thin slices tomato
- 1 handful arugula
- In a medium bowl mix all ingredients. Refrigerate.
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees.
- Grill or toast the bread.
- Bake the pancetta slices in the preheated oven for eight minutes or until crispy.
- Assemble each panino in this order: Slice of bread, arugula, tomato slices, lobster salad mix, crispy pancetta, slice of bread.