The first (of two!) National Lobster Day of 2021 is June 15th — mark the occasion with this recipe from chef Dante DeMagistris of the two il Casales (Lexington and Belmont) and The Wellington. He gives the classic New England lobster roll a touch of Italian flair with goodies like pancetta, tomatoes and arugula. It’s about as easy as can be so you can roll it out as needed all summer long (until the next National Lobster Day on September 25th).
- One 1 1/4 pound lobster (roasted, steamed or boiled), picked, sliced into large chunks
- 2 tablespoons crème fraiche
- 1/2 lemon, juiced
- 1/2 teaspoon lemon zest
- 1 teaspoon extra virgin olive oil
- 2 tablespoons celery leaves, roughly chopped
- 1/4 cup arugula, roughly chopped
- 2 tablespoons fresh green onion, thinly sliced
- 1 tablespoon canned chipotle pepper, finely chopped
- Sea salt and pepper to taste
- Four 1/4 inch slices of rustic Italian bread
- 6 thin slices pancetta
- 6 thin slices tomato
- 1 handful arugula
- In a medium bowl mix all ingredients. Refrigerate.
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees.
- Grill or toast the bread.
- Bake the pancetta slices in the preheated oven for eight minutes or until crispy.
- Assemble each panino in this order: Slice of bread, arugula, tomato slices, lobster salad mix, crispy pancetta, slice of bread.