Spaghetti is a dish that can hold its own, but fresh lobster is a welcome addition — and timely, too given that September 25th is National Lobster Day. Just when you thought you couldn’t improve on the richness and delectability of lobster pasta, chef Greg Reeves takes this luscious dish to a new level adding corn for a final taste of summer and jalapeño for a little kick of spice.
- 1 pound spaghetti
- 1/2 red onion, julienned
- 1 jalapeno, sliced
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 ears of corn, kernels shaved
- 2 cups canned San Marzano Tomato
- 2 lobsters steamed, cleaned and meat rough chopped
- 3 sprigs oregano, leaves removed
- 1 lemon
- 1/2 cup breadcrumbs
- Bring a large pot of water to boil for pasta. Don't forget to salt!
- Sauté onions, jalapeño and garlic until translucent.
- Add corn, cook for 3 min on medium heat.
- Crush the tomato and add to the corn mixture, and reduce excess tomato juice.
- Now add lobster and oregano, cook to just warm up the Lobster.
- Cook spaghetti to desired texture and strain off all water completely. You do not want any excess water in sauce.
- Divide into 2 bowls and first squeeze lemon juice on top and then garnish with crunchy breadcrumbs.