- 1/5 cup cocoa powder (Sharrfen Berger)
- 1/2 cup toasted hazelnuts, pureed
- 1/4 cup 90% chocolate
- 1/5 cup 85% chocolate
- 7 ounces heavy cream
- 7 tablespoons glucose
- 7 ounces light corn syrup
- 2 tablespoons soy lecithin granules, bloom in a small amount of warm water
- 1 tablespoon Frangelico liqueur
- 1 tablespoon Brandy liqueur
- First bring cream to a boil, then pour over the 85% and 90% chocolate. Wisk until chocolate is dissolved and reserve.
- Next, bring the glucose and corn syrup to a boil, and slowly pour over the cocoa powder.
- Add the chocolate and cream mixture to the corn syrup mixture slowly.
- Once these ingredients are mixed together, begin to puree the hazelnuts in a food processor.
- Add the liquors to the hazelnuts to create a paste.
- Then transfer the hazelnut paste into a blender with the addition of 3 1/2 ounces of the chocolate mixture.
- Puree on a medium high for 1 minute.
- At this time add in the soy lecithin and strain the entire mixture through a fine mesh chinois.