No Super Bowl party is complete without an amazing dip, and chef Peter Agostinelli delivers one that’s equal parts creamy and spicy. Roast your own whole chicken (or buy a rotisserie bird to save on time), then simply combine the remaining ingredients and bake. The dish comes together almost effortlessly, which is just what you want in a recipe that’s made for entertaining. Serve yours with tortilla chips, carrots, celery sticks or crostini.
- 1 whole chicken
- 1 pound cream cheese
- 1 cup buffalo sauce
- 1 cup blue cheese dressing
- 1 1/4 cup blue cheese crumbles
- 1 1/4 cup shredded cheddar
- 1 cup chopped celery
- 1/2 cup chopped bacon
- 1/4 cup chopped green onions
- Season chicken with salt and pepper and roast in a 350 degree oven until chicken is cooked through. Once chicken is cool enough to handle pick all of the meat from the chicken and rough chop it. Chef tip: you can reserve the chicken bones to make stock for another use.
- Combine chicken meat, cream cheese, buffalo sauce, blue cheese dressing, one cup of the blue cheese crumbles, one cup of the shredded cheddar, celery and bacon in large bowl and mix until thoroughly mixed.
- Place mixture into a shallow casserole dish and top with remaining cheddar and crumbled blue cheese.
- Bake in a 350 degree oven until dip is hot in the middle and the cheese on top is golden brown.