Add this Cranberry Goat Cheese Spread, courtesy of Saltbox Kitchen‘s Ben Elliot, to your holiday table and wow your guests – no one needs to know it’s about as easy as can be (watch Elliot demo both parts – the relish and the spread – on Insta. And it’s versatile, too. You can sub in cream cheese or blue cheese (based on your or your guests’ palates), serve it with crackers or crostini and top it with toasted pecans, fresh herbs or maybe a bit of chili flake for a delicious and picture perfect way to get the party started.
- 1 bag fresh cranberries
- 1 navel orange, washed and chopped (leave the skin on)
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 1/2 cup Medjool dates, pitted and chopped
- pinch of salt
- juice of half a lemon
- 8 oz. goat cheese, crumbled and room temperature
- 4 oz. cranberry-orange relish
- Pinch salt
- Squeeze of lemon juice
- Place all the ingredients in a food processor and process until smooth (or until no large chunks remain).
- Refrigerate overnight and serve. The relish maybe be stored, covered, in the fridge for up to 2 weeks.
- Place all ingredients in a food processor and blend until smooth.
- Serve immediately or refrigerate, covered, for up to 1 week.