This recipe from chef Will Gilson comes together almost effortlessly but looks (and sounds) fancy, making it the perfect appetizer for any type of party. You can prep it ahead of time to maximize your socializing instead of staying in the kitchen, and in the unlikely event that you have leftovers, it can be refrigerated for up to four days. It’s one of the staples at Gilson’s restaurant, Puritan & Company, and now yours to make at home!
- 4 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 4 ounces crème fraîche
- 4 ounces greek yogurt
- Zest and juice of 1 lemon
- 1 tablespoon chopped parsley
- 1 tablespoon chopped tarragon
- 1 teaspoon sriracha hot sauce
- 1 teaspoon chili flake
- 1/4 cup finely chopped chives
- 1/2 pound skinless, boneless smoked bluefish, flaked
- Grilled bread or crackers for serving
- In a bowl, blend the cream cheese, crème fraîche, and greek yogurt with the lemon juice, parsley, tarragon, hot sauce, chili flake, and half of the chives.
- Fold the smoked bluefish into the cream cheese mixture.
- Sprinkle the remaining chives on top and serve with toasts or crackers. Enjoy with friends!