- 1/2 pound salted natural sausage casings, 1 1/2 inch diameter
- 1 pound Atlantic salmon fillets, skin and all brown areas removed
- 2 pounds Maine lobster meat, cooked, shelled and cut into 1 inch pieces
- 1/2 cup fresh chives, chopped
- salt and pepper to taste
- 2 cups heavy cream
- 1/2 cup clarified butter
- In preparation, soak the casings overnight to remove the salt. Thoroughly chill the salmon, lobster and cream.
- Blend the salmon in a food processor until smooth. Then, remove the fish from the food processor and place into a mixing bowl. Beat the cream into the salmon until it is well mixed. Add the chives, lobster meat and seasonings.
- Place the mixture into a sausage stuffer or pastry bag and pipe into the casings to fill. With kitchen string, tie the filled casing at 4 inch intervals to create the sausages.
- Add enough water to a 10 inch stainless steel sauté pan to come to a depth of two inches. Heat the water and then poach the sausages at 190 degrees for four minutes. Remove from the water.
- To serve, sauté the sausages in the clarified butter until golden brown on each side.