You can’t go wrong with classic sugar cookies during the holidays. These buttery, vanilla-scented cookies from chef Jeffrey Salazar of Parsnip are as traditional as they get, and are the perfect canvases to create your own holiday cookie masterpieces – and, the recipe is simple enough that even your kiddos could make them (as long as they clean up the mess afterwards!)
- 1 pound unsalted butter
- 1 1/2 cups sugar
- 5 cups all purpose flour
- 2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees Fahrenheit.
Cream butter and sugar until fluffy with mixer. Add vanilla extract and eggs then mix well.
- Combine flour, baking powder, and salt together in separate bowl.
- Gradually add flour to butter mixture, mix well together.
- Divide dough into fourths.
- Roll one at a time on a lightly floured surface to 1/8" thickness.
- Cut into desired shapes and bake for 6 to 8 minutes or until golden brown.
- Store in airtight containers.