- 4 Granny Smith apples, julienned
- 1/2 cup white onion, finely chopped
- 1/4 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 1 tablespoon curry powder
- 2 tablespoons chives, chopped
- salt and pepper to taste
- 12 medjool dates, pitted
- 12 slices of bacon, preferably apple wood smoked, cooked about half way to crispy
- 1/4 cup fresh goat cheese
- 1 teaspoon fresh rosemary, chopped
- Sauté the onions in the olive oil in a medium skillet over low heat until just cooked through. Then, add the apples to the sautéed onion mixture and cook for 5 minutes more or until the apples are just cooked and resemble the consistency of pasta noodles.
- Then, add the curry and the chives. Continue to cook the mixture for two minutes more, then season to taste with salt and pepper.
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees.
- Mix the goat cheese with the rosemary and stuff a small ball of the cheese mixture into each date.
- Wrap each stuffed date with one bacon slice and secure with a toothpick.
- Bake the dates in the preheated oven for 5-10 minutes.
- Remove toothpicks from the dates and serve them atop the warm hash.