- 3 potatoes, large Russets
- 1 egg
- 1 egg yolk
- 3 tablespoons goat cheese
- 1 1/2 cups all purpose flour
- 1 tablespoon kosher salt
- 1/4 teaspoon fresh ground black pepper
- Preheat oven to 350.
- Wash and bake potatoes. While the potatoes are hot, scoop out the pulp, discard the skins. Pass the pulp through a ricer, combine the remaining ingredients.
- Bring a large pot of salted water to a boil.
- Place dough on floured surface, cut dough into six equal sized pieces. Roll each piece into long one inch diameter cylinders, cut cylinders in 3/4 inch pieces.
- Boil gnocchi in small batches until they float, about two minutes. Shock gnocchi in ice water, drain, toss with a little vegetable oil.
- Toss it with your favorite sauce and top with additional goat cheese.