- 3-4 Yukon gold potatoes, peeled and cut into medium pieces
- 1 white onion, peeled and medium diced
- 1 celery root, peeled and medium diced
- 1 leek (white part only), sliced
- 1 quart vegetable stock
- 3 quarts milk
- 1 cup creme fraiche
- 2 tablespoons butter
- salt and white pepper, to taste
- several shrimp, cooked and diced
- several strips smoked bacon, cooked and diced
- several potatoes, blanched and diced
- several chives, finely sliced
- Place all but the creme fraiche and butter in a large soup pot. Gently cook over medium heat until potatoes are tender.
- Remove from heat and puree in a high-speed blender until smooth. Season with salt and pepper, add creme fraiche and butter and readjust seasoning. Adjust consistency with vegetable stock.
- Garnish bowls with shrimp, bacon and potatoes and then pour hot soup over the top. Garnish with sliced chives.