Just in time for the upcoming holiday season, Stephen Coe offers his decadent white chocolate pumpkin cheesecake to sate your sweet tooth cravings. Keep this treat in mind for a different take on a Thanksgiving desert or anytime you need a delicious way to end a fall meal.
- 1 1/2 cups crushed gingersnap cookies
- 1/4 cup butter, melted
- 3 (8 ounce) packages cream cheese
- 1 cup sugar
- 3 eggs, lightly beaten
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 5 ounces white chocolate baking squares, melted and cooled
- 3/4 cup canned pumpkin
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
- In a small bowl, combine the gingersnap crumbs with the butter. Press into the bottom of a greased 9-inch springform pan. Set aside.
- In a large mixing bowl, beat the cream cheese and sugar until smooth. Add the eggs and vanilla, and beat on low speed until combined. Stir in the melted chocolate.
- Combine the pumpkin and spices in a separate bowl. Then, gently fold the pumpkin mixture into the cream cheese mixture, and pour over the crust.
- Place the pan on a baking sheet and bake in the preheated oven for 55 to 60 minutes or until the center is set. Cool on a wire rack for 10 minutes.