- 1 large pumpkin, halved, seeded & roasted with butter, salt & pepper
- 1/2 pound butter
- 2 1/2 carrots, peeled and chopped
- 2 stalks celery, chopped
- 1 onion, chopped
- 1 1/2 heads of garlic, minced
- 3 quarts water
- salt and pepper to taste
- Garam Masala to taste
- 1 cup heavy cream
- In a large pot, melt the butter and sauté the carrots, celery, onions and garlic. Season the vegetables with salt and pepper and cook until they are tender and the onions are translucent.
- Then, scoop the flesh from the roasted pumpkin and add the chunks to the pot along with the water. Simmer until everything is tender.
- Puree the soup in a blender until completely smooth. Season the soup with the Garam Masala to taste and finish with the heavy cream.