- 6 cups Quaker oatmeal
- 3/4 cup sliced, blanched almonds
- 3/4 cup pecan pieces
- 1/2 cup coconut, finely grated
- 3/4 cup dark brown sugar
- 1/2 cup blended oil
- 2 tablespoons vanilla extract
- 2 cinnamon sticks
- pinch of salt
- 1 cup glucose syrup or light corn syrup
- Mix together all ingredients except the glucose syrup. Lay out the mixture on two sheet pans and cook in a 300 degree convection oven until toasted and brown (45-60 minutes).
- Heat glucose in a sauté pan until it is liquid and flowing. Pour glucose over granola and mix well to coat. Allow granola to cook 5-10 minutes more.
- When granola is cool, store in an airtight container. This granola is great by itself as a snack, or topped with milk or yogurt with fresh fruit.