Grab a handful of this sweet and savory holiday snack from chef Timothy Willis, but fair warning: you won’t be able to stop munching on them. The lightly roasted nuts are divinely addictive and make a lovely addition to a cheese and charcuterie spread. If pecans don’t appeal to you, substitute almonds or cashews. Just be sure to serve the buttery, bite-sized nibbles in the proper way — with an appropriately strong mixed drink.
- 1 pound pecan halves
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 2 tablespoons orange juice
- 1/4 cup Worcestershire sauce
- 6 drops tabasco sauce
- 1 tablespoon granulated sugar
- Salt, to taste
- Preheat oven to 300 degrees.
- Combine the pecans with the butter, orange juice, Worcestershire and tabasco in a large sauté pan.
- Place on medium heat on cook, stirring, until the liquid is absorbed (about 5 minutes).
- Toss pecans with sugar and salt and toast for 20 minutes on a baking sheet.