- 1 1/2 cups sugar
- 1 1/2 cups light brown sugar
- 1 1/2 pounds butter, cubed into half inch pieces
- 1 tablespoons vanilla extract
- 1 tablespoons ground cinnamon
- 1 teaspoons kosher salt
- 6 cups all purpose flour
- 1 1/2 cups oats
- 1 1/2 cups toasted slivered almonds
- 4 cups rhubarb, 3/4 inch dice
- 4 cups strawberries, quartered
- zest of half an orange
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 2 1/4 teaspoons kosher salt
- 1 tablespoon brandy
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 1/2 tablespoons corn starch
- In a stand mixer, using the paddle attachment, combine the sugar, brown sugar, butter, vanilla extract, cinnamon and salt until smooth and creamy. Add the remaining ingredients and mix until just combined.
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees (325 if using a convection oven).
- In a large bowl mix all of the filling ingredients until thoroughly combined.
- To bake, fill individual square ramekins with the fruit filling. Then, top each with 1/4 cup of the topping. Bake for 15 minutes. Then, remove from the oven, top each crisp with 3 tablespoons more topping and bake an additional 15 minutes.