Take advantage of the season’s sweet strawberries with this delicious brunch dish from Bill Poirier. Incredibly easy to put together, these pancakes can be made in under 20 minutes making them perfect for impromptu morning guests.
- 1 cup crème fraiche
- zest of half a lemon
- 1/8 cup granulated sugar
- 4 whole eggs
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1/2 cup all purpose flour
- 1/4 cup butter, melted
- 1/8 teaspoon kosher salt
- 2 tablespoons butter (for cooking)
- 3 cups strawberries, sliced
- 2 sprigs fresh mint
- 4 tablespoons powdered sugar
- Mix all the ingredients together and chill.
- Preheat the oven to 425 degrees.
- Place in a blender the eggs, milk, flour, butter and salt, and mix until smooth.
- Heat an 8 inch nonstick pan on medium heat, then melt 1 tablespoon of butter to coat the pan.
- Add 6 ounces of batter to the hot pan and stir with a spatula as if you are making scrambled eggs.
- When the mixture is half set place the pan with the batter in the oven to finish cooking. Bake until puffy and golden around the edges, about 6 minutes. Repeat the procedure for the next pancake or use two pans at the same time.
- Slide the pancakes onto warm plates, and garnish each with 1 1/2 cups strawberries, half a cup lemon crème fraiche, the mint sprig and powdered sugar.