Going from prep to on-the-table in less than 30 minutes, this quick and easy pasta from chef Peppino is the perfect weeknight supper. Paired with a lightly dressed salad, and maybe even the remainder of that bottle of white wine, it’s a delicious way to end a hectic weekday.
- 8 ounces fusilli pasta
- 12 16/20 count shrimp
- 1 ounce garlic, sliced
- 12 ounces cherry tomatoes, crushed
- 1/2 cup white wine
- 2 ounces extra virgin olive oil
- 4-5 leaves basil, chopped
- 1 spicy red pepper, crushed
- pinch salt
- pinch black pepper
- Heat the extra virgin olive oil in a sauté pan. Add the sliced garlic and cook until lightly browned. Break up the red pepper and add to the pan. Then, add the white wine and cook for 15 seconds before adding the crushed tomatoes. Cook for another 7-8 minutes. Add the raw shrimp to the sauce and cook for an additional 3-4 minutes.
- Meanwhile, cook the pasta in boiling salted water for 7 minutes. Drain the pasta and then add it, the chopped basil and salt and pepper to taste to the sauté pan and cook for an additional two minutes. Toss all the ingredients to combine and serve.