Enjoy something distinctly summery for dinner with help from Abby Park’s Tony DeRienzo. The chef/mixed martial arts fighter, who’s always in tip top shape, offers up a flavorful and seasonal dish that’s perfect for a light meal come warm weather.
- 2 8 ounce fresh salmon fillet
- 1/2 cup pistachios, finely chopped
- 3 cups cooked organic brown rice, warmed
- 6 ounces asparagus, blanched and kept warm
- salt and pepper
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- mache for garnish
- 6 raspberries for garnish
- 4 tablespoons goji berry juice
- 2 tablespoons fresh orange juice
- 1 tablespoon white balsamic vinegar
- 1 tablespoon rice wine vinegar
- 1 teaspoon honey
- Heat the oil in a sauté pan over medium heat and preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
- Season the salmon with salt and pepper and place the top side of each filet in the pistachios (press down slightly to crust teh fish).
- Place the salmon in the hot pan pistachio side down first and cook till golden brown.
- Place the salmon in the oven for 12-14 minutes.
- To make the vinaigrette, place the goji juice, vinegars, orange juice and honey in a food processor
- With the food processor running, slowly add the oil and season with salt and pepper to taste.
- To plate, place the warm brown rice in the center of a plate, place the warm asparagus in the center of rice, place the salmon over rice and asparagus and drizzle with goji vinaigrette.
- Garnish with the mache and raspberries.