Not sure what to bake between Thanksgiving and Christmas? These pumpkin spice cookies are a season-bridging treat that come from TAMO Bistro + Bar’s Assistant Pastry Chef Rhonda Murphy. Nutmeg, cinnamon and cloves combine to create a fragrant spice mixture, which is further enhanced by the cinnamon sugar that the cookies are rolled in before they’re popped into the oven.
- 12 1/2 ounces all purpose flour
- 2 teaspoon cornstarch
- 1/2 teaspoon cream of tartar
- 3/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 2 teaspoons cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1/8 teaspoon cloves
- 6 ounces butter, soft
- 6 ounces light Brown sugar
- 4 ounces sugar
- 1 egg
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 4 1/2 ounces pumpkin filling
- 2 ounces sugar
- 1 1/2 teaspoons cinnamon
- Pre-heat oven to 300 degrees.
- Cream together the butter and 2 sugars until light and fluffy.
- Add egg, vanilla and pumpkin slowly until well combined.
- Slowly add dry ingredients until combined.
- Scoop and chill dough.
- Roll cookies in cinnamon sugar mix and flatten slightly on sheet tray before baking.
- Bake for 5 minutes then turn and bake for 4 more minutes.