- 1 large white onion, chopped
- 1 carrot, chopped
- 1 stalk of celery, chopped
- 1- 1 1/2 pounds cooked pasta -Tagliatelle or Spaghetti
- 1/4 pounds prosciutto, diced
- 1 pound ground beef
- 1 pound ground pork
- 1 pound ground veal
- 1 large can Italian tomatoes, handed crushed
- 1 garlic clove, finely chopped
- 1 bay leaf
- 2 fresh scallion stalks, chopped
- 2-3 fresh basil leaves, chopped
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Parmigiano Cheese - optional
- In a large saucepan cook the prosciutto until crispy. Then, add the beef, pork and veal to the pan and cook through, making sure it is well mixed.
- Drain off the fat and add the garlic, bay leaf, onion, celery and carrot to the meat. Cook for 15 minutes, stirring frequently.
- Add the tomatoes and simmer over low heat for 2 hours, stirring occasionally.
- Prepare the pasta according to package directions. Drain the pasta well and combine with a small amount of the Bolognese sauce, then top with remaining sauce. Serve immediately.