Football’s back and Oktoberfest is underway (even if it’s only in spirit) which makes it the ideal time to give this Bavarian cheese dip from Bronwyn & T&B Pizza‘s chef-owner Tim Wiechmann a shot. It’s simple, fun, and goes well with pretzels, crackers, chips or just about anything dippable. Pair it with some German beers and give your game day a Oktoberfest-ish twist.
- 5 ounces pungent, washed-rind cow’s milk cheese, like Meunster
- 4 ounces Camembert with rind
- 1 cup cream cheese
- 1 cup crème fraîche
- 2 ounces soft butter
- 1/2 cup lager beer
- 1/2 cup onion, chopped fine
- 4 tablespoons sweet Hungarian paprika
- 3 tablespoons toasted and crushed caraway
- 1/2 bunch chives, chopped
- Pinch cayenne pepper
- Salt to taste
- In a food processor, combine all the ingredients except onions, caraway and chives. Blend until smooth.
- Transfer to a bowl and fold in the onions, caraway, chives. Season with salt and serve with pretzels or chips.