- 2 cups heavy cream
- 1/3 cups honey
- 2 tablespoons syrup
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 5 ounces egg whites (approx 4 eggs)
- 1 cup candied orange peel, diced
- 1 cup pistachio praline
- 1/2 cup pistachios, chopped
- 2 tablespoons orange blossum water
- Using a mixer, whip cream to soft peak and refrigerate.
- Combine the honey, corn syrup, 1/4 cup and 2 tablespoons of sugar in a saucepan and place on low heat, stirring to dissolve the sugar.
- Using a mixer, whip egg whites on medium speed until foamy.
- Increase the speed and slowly add the remaining 1/4 cup and 2 tablespoons of sugar. Keep whipping until whites are stiff and shiny.
- Before the whites form stiff peaks, cook the honey mixture to 250 degrees on a candy thermometer. If whites stiffen before sugar is ready, reduce speed to low or medium.
- With mixer on low speed, pour sugar syrup into the egg whites. Increase to high speed and whip 5 to 7 minutes until whites are very cool and stiff.
- Fold whipped cream into whites one third at a time. Keep folding until smooth. Add orange peel, praline, pistachio and orange blossom water.
- Nougat can be frozen in a plastic container to be scooped or molded into two 8-inch square pans to be cut into pieces and served.