Take a page out of chef Nick Dixon’s playbook with a dang-good dip that’ll be the MVP of any Super Bowl party, whether you’re hosting or hitting up a friend’s shindig. The most appropriate way to cheer on the G.O.A.T is with goat cheese (obviously) and Dixon truly delivers, layering that key ingredient on fig jam, baking the unstoppable duo until it’s bubbly and then topping the cheesy and jammy base with drizzles of honey and toasted, sliced almonds.
- 3 ounces Stonewall Kitchen fig jam (or any jam/chutney that sounds tasty)
- 4 ounces goat cheese
- Quality honey (recommend Katz honey)
- Toasted sliced almonds
- Sourdough bread or crackers
- Pre-heat oven to 400 degrees.
- Layer the jam on the bottom of the a cast iron skillet, ramekin or oven safe vessel.
- Top with goat cheese.
- Bake until hot and bubbly (about 12 to 15 minutes).
- Drizzle with good quality honey, and top with toasted almonds.
- Serve with warm bread (grill sourdough in the pizza oven) or crackers.