Your go-to salad wrap gets an added dose of umami in this recipe for a fancified Caesar salad wrap. The greens specialists at Little Leaf Farms and the dairy wizards at Cabot Cheese pack tasty lavash with crisp greens, sharp cheddar cheese, white miso, garlic and basil for a satisfying and simple meal. Whether you need a quick dinner (15 minutes max!) that the whole family will love or a vibrant lunch to brighten your workday — this updated version of the classic ticks every box.
- 4 oz Little Leaf Baby Crispy Green Leaf
- 1/2 c Cabot Extra Sharp Cheddar Cheese, cut into 1/2” thick cubes
- 2 small Persian cucumbers, sliced into thin half moons
- 2 pieces of Lavash bread
- 4 tsp of white miso
- 3 tbsp cold water
- juice from half a lemon
- 1 garlic clove, crushed & minced
- 1/2 cup of extra virgin olive oil
- 1 tbsp dried basil
- freshly ground black pepper, to taste
- pinch of sea salt
- Put the miso and cold water in a mason jar, and shake until blended.
- Add the additional ingredients.
- Secure the lid and shake vigorously until well combined.
- In a medium-sized bowl, combine the lettuce, cucumber and 4 tbsp of dressing.
- Lay out one piece of lavash, and fill the center with half of the dressed salad. Top with the cubed cheese, and drizzle with more dressing to taste.
- With the lavash in front of you, tightly fold one side over the filling, then fold the ends over.
- Continue folding until all of the contents are wrapped inside.
- Repeat steps 2 and 3 to make the second sandwich and serve.