Breakfast salads are a fresh, nourishing and easily customizable way to start the day and, thanks to Massachusetts’ own Little Leaf Farms, you can whip one up in a flash–no salad spinner required! This Lox Breakfast salad, for instance, is both high-protein and low-carb (though you can always turn day-old bagels into croutons to top it off if you’re not into the carb-free thing).
- 4 oz Little Leaf Farms Baby Green Leaf Lettuce
- 4 oz smoked salmon
- 1 small red onion, cut in half and sliced into thin half moons
- 3 tbsp capers
- Small bunch of fresh dill
- 2 large eggs
- 2 tbsp of extra virgin olive oil
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 3 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 2 tbsp fresh lemon juice
- 2 tbsp chopped dill
- 1 tbsp yogurt
- 1 tbsp minced garlic
- Fresh ground pepper
- Sea salt to taste
- Make Dressing - Whisk all the ingredients until they are well combined. Finish it off with a couple of cracks of fresh pepper and a pinch of salt.
- Fry the Eggs - Over medium high heat, warm 2 tbsp of olive oil in a large frying pan. Once the pan is hot, slowly crack the eggs one at a time into the oil. Cook until the whites are set and the yolk is still runny, about 3 minutes. If the edges of the egg start to crisp, even better! Season with salt and pepper.
- Assemble - In a large bowl coat the baby green leaf lettuce, capers, and onions with the vinaigrette. Portion into individual serving bowls, and top with smoked salmon, a fried egg and extra dill.