The folks at Little Leaf Farms have a uniquely New England way of breathing new life into the classic Caesar salad. They’ve turned to the region’s iconic crustacean to take the humble-yet-delicious go-to to great new heights, topping it with luscious lobster meat. Add the creamy dressing and balance it out with sharp pecorino, crisp greens and crunchy croutons for a dish that’s both indulgent and nutritious.
- 4 oz Little Leaf Farms Baby Crispy Green Leaf Lettuce
- 12 oz steamed lobster meat, pick this up from your local fishmonger
- 1/3 cup shaved pecorino cheese
- 1 1/2 cups french bread, torn into 1” pieces
- 4 tbsp unsalted butter, melted
- 1/2 cup mayo
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 1 large garlic clove, minced
- 2 tbsp fresh lemon juice
- 2 tbsp capers
- 1 tsp Dijon mustard
- 1/4 cup finely grated parmesan cheese
- sea salt and pepper to taste
- Preheat oven to 375*.
- On a baking sheet, lay the bread pieces in a single layer. Toast until golden, 10-12 minutes.
- When the croutons are still warm, toss them in a large bowl with the melted butter.
- Place all of the dressing ingredients in a blender or food processor. Blend until everything is combined and creamy!
- Finish it off with a few cracks of extra pepper and a pinch of sea salt.
- In a medium-sized bowl mix the lobster with a ¼ cup of dressing and set aside.
- Cover a large platter with Baby Crispy Green Leaf Lettuce and spoon the lobster mixture over the middle of the greens.
- Top with buttered croutons and serve with extra dressing!