Neapolitan ice cream lovers know that sometimes it’s too difficult to pick between flavors, which is why a combination of chocolate, vanilla and strawberry is the perfect choice. Pastry chef Lira Mondal takes inspiration from the triple flavored icy treat with these unique cookies that are as distinctive as they are delectable. Using three varieties of Valrhona chocolates, she creates a scrumptious stand-out that’s sure to be the star of any dessert table. The best way to enjoy? With a tall glass of cold milk.
- 5 ounces Valrhona Guanaja 70% dark chocolate
- 5 ounces Valrhona Ivoire 35% white chocolate
- 5 ounces Valrhona Strawberry Inspiration
- 3 cups flour
- 1 1/2 teaspoons salt
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 8 ounces butter, softened
- 2 cups brown sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 tablespoon vanilla
- Roughly chop all three of the chocolates – this will ensure even distribution of the chocolates in the cookie dough.
- In a bowl, whisk together the flour, salt, baking soda, and chocolates, and set aside.
- In the bowl of a stand mixer, cream the butter and brown sugar using the paddle attachment. Add the eggs one at a time, scraping the bottom and sides of the bowl between additions.
- Add the vanilla and scrape again.
- Add the dry ingredients and paddle until just combined.
- Scoop cookies and chill the scooped dough for at least one hour.
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees. Line a baking sheet with parchment and bake cookies for approximately 15 minutes, or until the edges are a deep golden and the centers are a paler gold.