Better than a bouquet of flowers for Mother’s Day? This luxurious lavender and blueberry cheesecake from chef Stephen Coe. With a decadent cream cheese filling, a hint of herbal lavender and bright blueberry flavor, it’s a spring-y way to celebrate Mom with something sweet.
- 1 pound cream cheese
- 1 cup sour cream
- 1 cup sugar
- 6 sheets gelatin
- 6 cups cold water
- 1 cup blueberry puree
- 2 tablespoons lavender
- 1 1/2 cups graham cracker crumbs
- 1/3 cup sugar
- 6 tablespoons melted butter
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- In a bowl, whip the cream cheese until soft and about room temperature. Set it aside.
- In a small pot, add the sour cream and sugar and gently heat, stirring to combine.
- Fill a large bowl with the cold water and add the gelatin sheets to bloom. Allow them to soak 5-10 minutes, then lift the softened sheets and wring out any excess water. Remove the sour cream mixture from heat and add in the gelatin sheets. Stir to combine.
- Fold the sour cream mixture into the cream cheese. Mix in the lavender and half of the blueberry puree. Fill your desired mold 3/4 of the way.
- In a bowl, mix all the crust ingredients together.
- Cover the filling with the crust and place in the refrigerator until set (about two hours). Flip out of the mold and serve topped with the remaining blueberry puree.