- 1 large yam, peeled
- 1/2 large butternut squash, peeled and de-seeded
- 1 large celery root, peeled
- 2 large carrots, peeled
- 2 cups salted cashews, roasted
- 2 ounces sesame oil
- 1 clove garlic, finely chopped
- 1 tablespoon ginger root, finely chopped
- 1 ounce soy sauce
- 2 scallions, finely sliced
- 1 1/2 teaspoons Asian chili garlic sauce
- 1 1/2 teaspoons Szechwan hot bean paste
- Square off each of the vegetables and chop into large brunoise cuts (1/3 inch cubes).
- Bring 4 pots of salted water to a boil, quickly blanch each of the four vegetables separately and quickly remove from the water.
- In a large sauté pan, heat sesame oil over medium heat. Add garlic and ginger and stir fry until lightly browned.
- Add in all the blanched vegetables and cashews and stir fry until lightly browned.
- To finish stir in the soy sauce, chili garlic sauce and bean paste and quickly remove from heat.