In this bright, colorful salad by Chef Jason Reed, a variety of textures and flavors play off of one another to compose a dish that’s crunchy, tangy and savory all at once. From the pleasant bitterness and snap of kohlrabi and Easter Egg radishes, to the zesty notes of fresh tomatoes and red onion, this salad is as tasty as it is good for your waistline. Serve as a colorful side dish or as part of a spread of mezze-inspired snacks.
- 1 carrot, diced
- 1 red onion, diced
- 1 kohlrabi, diced
- 2 vine-ripened tomatoes, diced
- 2 pickling cucumbers, seeded and diced
- 1/4 pound sunflower seeds, shelled and toasted
- 4 Easter Egg radishes, diced
- 2 golden beets, diced
- 1/2 pound French feta, crumbled
- 1 bunch parsley, chopped
- 1/4 cup lemon Juice
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- salt and pepper, to taste
- Combine all ingredients in mixing bowl.
- Taste for seasoning.