While you’ve got the grill fired up this holiday, mix up your standard cook-out fare with this simple and delicious recipe from Jason Heard of East Coast Grill. These Southeast Asian style shrimp come together in no time and are a breath of fresh air when you’ve tired of all those burgers and dogs everyone else will be making.
- 12 U-12 giant shrimp, peeled and deveined
- salt and pepper
- 2 tablespoons sesame oil
- 2 tablespoons ginger, chopped
- 1 tablespoon garlic, chopped
- 1 tablespoon hot chilies, chopped
- 1 tablespoon curry powder
- 2 tablespoons lemongrass, chopped
- 1/4 cup Thai basil, chopped
- 1/4 cup mint, chopped
- 1/4 cup cilantro, chopped
- 1/4 cup lime juice
- 1/4 cup fish sauce
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- Rub the shrimp with sesame oil and salt and pepper.
- Light a fire in a charcoal grill. When the coals are uniformly covered in ash (30-40 minutes), place the shrimp over medium high heat and cook for 3 to 4 minutes on each side, until cooked through.
- Remove the shrimp from heat into a stainless steel bowl. Add the remainder of the ingredients and toss well. Serve immediately.