- 12 ounces fresh sea scallops
- 8 ounces arugula
- 1 bunch watercress
- 2 ripe peaches, sliced
- 1/2 red onion, julienned and rinsed
- 1 cup spiced or toasted pecans
- 3 ounces balsamic vinaigrette
- 3/4 cup balsamic vinegar
- 1 lemon, juiced
- 1 shallot, chopped
- 1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- 1/4 teaspoon thyme, finely chopped
- 2 cups olive oil
- salt & pepper
- Whisk all the ingredients except the oil in a bowl. Then, add the oil in a steady stream and season to taste with salt and pepper.
- Briefly toss the scallops in 1 ounce of the balsamic vinaigrette until they are evenly coated. Divide scallops onto 4 skewers.
- Grill the scallops until almost cooked through. Time will vary depending on their size.
- In a large bowl combine the greens, peaches, onions, and pecans with remaining 2 ounces of balsamic vinaigrette.
- Divide salad onto four chilled plates and top each salad with scallops (either on or off the skewer).