If you love the creamy flavor of avocados and want something a little different from avocado toast, chef Gabriel Sanchez has a delicious late-summer treat for you. This chilled soup, which is especially refreshing on warm nights, brings island flavor to your bowl by blending avocados with orange juice and lemon juice to create a citrusy kick. Try it with a side of shrimp cocktail and some crusty bread.
- 2 vidalia onions
- 1 gallon freshly squeezed orange juice
- 20 plum tomatoes, diced
- 12 avocados, diced
- 1/2 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 2 cups lemon juice
- Dash of sugar
- Kosher salt to taste
- Soak the onions in salt for 20 minutes, then wash in cold water and dice.
- Combine onions, orange juice, plum tomatoes, avocado, olive oil, lemon juice, sugar and salt together in a large bowl.
- Mix well, chill and serve cold.