- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 onion, diced
- 1 red bell pepper, diced
- 2 quarts fresh corn kernels
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 1/2 cup heavy cream
- 1 sprig rosemary
- Melt the butter in a heavy pan.
- Add the onion & red pepper. Sauté until limp.
- Add the corn and enough water to just cover the ingredients.
- Simmer 10 minutes and cool.
- Puree in a blender, add the cream and salt and pepper to taste.
- In a heavy sauce pan, heat the cream with the rosemary and simmer for 5 minutes.
- Cool and strain.
- Reheat the soup, ladle into bowls and top with rosemary cream.