- 2 ounces clarified butter
- 20 ears of corn, kernels cut from cob
- 2 onions, roughly diced
- 2 cups white wine
- 1 quart vegetable stock
- 4 quarts heavy cream
- 1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- Salt to taste
- White pepper to taste
- Sugar to taste
- In a large heavy-bottomed, non-reactive sauce pot, sweat the onions over low heat until soft and translucent (do not brown the onions at all). Then add the corn and stir to coat.
- Add the white wine and reduce until almost all the liquid is gone. Then, add the stock and 2 quarts of the heavy cream and simmer over low heat until the mixture is reduced by a quarter.
- In small batches, puree the soup in a blender until ultra smooth (turn the blender on, work it up to high and just let it go for 2 minutes at least). Strain through a fine mesh sieve and season to taste.
- Add the remaining cream and strain one more time before serving.